Our changelog detailing all things important and changing on tinylytics. For in-depth updates, which will be linked below, you can find our updates blog here. If you want to see my personal development blog on Tinylytics (where anything goes), please go ahead and find it on my personal site.
- When developing, or for custom integrations, you can now pass in a
ignoreparameter. This will stop hits from being recorded — great if you want to enable features for logged in users, but don’t want to track their usage.
- You can now request another embed script when using SPA sites — a blog post about this will come soon. If you’d like to use it, use a param of
spain your script. Get in touch for more info or read our announcement on our updates blog.
- Some sites can have a large set of data, and could take some time to load when you’re on the sites overview page. This should now be quicker in general.
- When you change your timezone and you have sites with email reports active, it will now attempt to also change the upcoming report with your new timezone.
- When your account is unconfirmed, only basic site settings are available.
- Webring requests are now automatic (if you account is confirmed) and your site will show up without initial oversight (so you don’t have to wait for me). We will still check the site manually to make sure it fits the criteria.
- Added automatic account deletion when your account hasn’t been confirmed within 7 days and you created no sites.
- Added the site name to the subject of the uptime monitoring alert emails, so it’s easier to identify your site without going into the message.
- Fixed a very rare issue where the script won’t load if it couldn’t find which site the request came from. Only happened once… but still.
- Tweaked the wording for webring requests. Instead of labelling or grouping sites, I will welcome all “indie” websites, made by independents. But no corporations!
- Tweaked when an email report sends depending on your timezone. Should always be 09:05 AM in your timezone.
- Tweaked the embed code when changing the style of a webring avatar so that images are displayed
- Fixed an issue where a hit was saved and then, immediately after saving, would fail to update the lifetime country list. No hits were harmed.
- Various tweak around performance when displaying webring avatars via embed (2x improvement).
- Tweaked loading speed of sites list on dashboard that had site images attached. Now running quicker in general.
- Tweaked the wording on various pages.
- Added the option to quickly remove the “path” filter without affecting any date filtering.
- Added support for filtering stats by date by clicking on the graph.
- Added support for setting the user timezone in account settings. This will display data according to your timezone.
- Added stats quick links, so you can easily get to the important data quickly. Useful if you have 7,000 links, but want to see the country list straight away.
- Added a embed fallback option for users on Micro.blog where sometimes the script would load without your site code. Now it’ll try and find your site according to the request. Details here.
- Added new payment provider 🍋. Details here.
- Clarified the wording used for allowing a site on the webring.
- Added ability to embed your public stats page link using the embed code using the
- Added ability to ignore and delete hits of a path. Read more here.
- Added the ability to display uptime on your public stats page.
- Tweaked the site setting page so it’s easier to navigate.
- Fixed an issue where image uploading was slow for both account and site avatars. Basically moved from using B2 to AWS S3. No idea why B2 is always so slow.
- Added the ability to add site images that can be displayed via the webring. Check the docs for more info.
- Added the ability to add your own avatar to the site, so the UI in the header looks a bit more personal.
- Change the uptime monitoring logic to increase the check interval when your site goes down. The default check interval is every 10 minutes, followed by every 2 minutes if the site becomes unreachable. When it’s back up, it’ll revert to 10 minutes.
- Added the ability to export your Kudos to a CSV file (similar to hits).
- Fixed an issue in the embed code when adding it to a write.as site and where the variable
urlwas already being taken, resulting in a failure.
- Fixed an issue when deleting an account and it was throwing an error due to an overcomplicated subscription check. The account was always deleted, but it threw an error anyway… sigh.
- Various UI tweaks.
- Added path filtering to sites and kudos. Read more here.
- Tweaked the sites list design. No more tables.
- Added additional email alerts for SSL certificates that appear invalid.
- Added the ability to export your hits into CSV format. Just use the date filter to show what you need.
- Added the ability to secure your public stats pages with a code. Read more here.
- For paid subscribers, I’ve added the ability to hide the branding on a public stats page.
I’ll be adding more details as I go through the code, so you’ll see more changelogs spanning back to June.